Viviane Bressan is internationally recognized for her unique approach to belly dance performance and instruction.
Viviane has crossed the globe in search of perfecting the art of belly dance. It is with this spirit that she started the program of Belly Dance at Texas A&M University and was the pioneer on the teaching of belly dance in the area, establishing a flourishing program of belly dance performance and instruction from 2002 to 2008. Viviane is a passionate teacher whose many students have become amazing professional dancers, instructors and winners of numerous competitions, members of international troupes including the Belly Dance Superstars and successful dancers.
Her dedication and skills earned her:
- 2002-2008 Creator of Spring Belly dance shows in College Station area and starter of the Belly dance program at Texas A&M University.
- 2005 “Best Instructor – REC Center” at Texas A&M University.
- 2005 Queen of Raks Sharqi Competition in Dallas, TX 1st Runner up.
- 2006 “Best instructor – REC Center” at Texas A&M University.
- 2007 Belly dancer of the Universe Competition in Los Angeles, CA Fusion Champion.
- 2007 Belly dancer of the Universe Competition in Los Angeles, CA Egyptian 2nd Runner up.
- 2007 IBDC (International Belly Dance Conference) Competition in Las Vegas, NE Fusion Champion.
- 2007 Seoul – Korea Judge of the first Belly Dance competition in Korea – The World Belly Dance Competition.
- 2007 Seoul – Korea: Master teacher for the first – World Belly dance Competition & Workshop
- 2008 Belly dancer of the Universe Competition in Los Angeles, CA. Egyptian 2nd Runner up.
- 2008 Featured in the Book: Belly Dance, Celebrating the Sacred Feminine by Martha Burns.
- 2014 Istanbul – Turkey Winner Tarazade Festival
In addition to Belly dance, Viviane is an avid Samba and Afro-Brazilian dancer and teacher, and her vast dance background includes training in dances such as: Jazz, Street dance, Modern Dance, Ballet, Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Cuban Salsa, Flamenco and Polynesian dance.
These days Viviane splits her time between San Francisco – Austin and the island of Florianopolis in Santa Catarina, Brazil.